How Do I Know I Belong?Feb 15, 2021
Written by Roxanne Brown
How do my work colleagues, leaders, and company tell me I belong?
* When there’s specific acknowledgment of my work, capabilities, and contributions by others
* When I’m included in work projects and conversations that are specific to my unique capabilities and contribution
* When I’m given roles, jobs, work assignments, titles and/or promotions that are considered valuable to the group and are specific to my unique capabilities and contribution
* When my work results are integrated into the culture in ways that are considered valuable to the group
* When I receive requests for my input that are specific to my unique capabilities and contribution
Joy at Work Indicator: Belonging
“My unique capabilities and contributions have value here. I know that because I can see for myself how my capabilities and contributions have value in delivering the organization’s purpose and others communicate my value back to me.”
Create Your Personal Leadership Statement
A Self-Paced Audio Course
Are you aware of your leadership philosophy? Does your team know your philosophy of leadership and how that guides your words and actions?
This self-paced audio course steps you through a process to develop your Joy at Work Personal Leadership Statement. More than a self-awareness exercise, it guides you in how to ask others for their experience of your leadership and how to best work with you. This is valuable knowledge for your team and an effective tool for strengthening all of your work relationships.