Own Your ImpactAug 31, 2020
Written by Roxanne Brown
Own your impact. You were hired because you matter so do the work as if your work matters.
If your employer doesn’t know your work matters then you might consider a change in the future. Not to run away but to give yourself the gift of something better for your life.
Signs that your employer believes your work matters:
- They spend time explaining why they’ve asked you to do something.
- They spend time explaining the bigger picture to you.
- They pay you/don’t fire you even when you make a huge, impactful mistake.
- They spend time and energy doing damage control activities after you make a mistake.
- They renegotiate timelines and expectations with others when you’ve dropped the ball.
- They avoid you because they’re upset with you and worried that they might say something that would cause you harm.
- They work with you to develop new skills or so learn from mistakes.
- They invest in your growth.
Celebrate if you have this! And, do the work as if your work matters. Because it does.
Create Your Personal Leadership Statement
A Self-Paced Audio Course
Are you aware of your leadership philosophy? Does your team know your philosophy of leadership and how that guides your words and actions?
This self-paced audio course steps you through a process to develop your Joy at Work Personal Leadership Statement. More than a self-awareness exercise, it guides you in how to ask others for their experience of your leadership and how to best work with you. This is valuable knowledge for your team and an effective tool for strengthening all of your work relationships.